Wednesday 26 February 2014

Of Him and Him Alone

Let's just say God is calling me to foster/adopt.

Can I wait for Bernie to be called as well?  Can I believe the calling on my heart?  Can I be patient for years, if that's what it takes?  Can I raise my family, feeling like someone is missing?  Can I trust that all will come in good time?  Can I be like Abraham and Sarah?  Can my children's hearts be opened to this calling as well?  Can I imagine God overcoming the impossible so that it will truly be a thing of Him and Him alone?  Can I remain faithful between the rains of blessing?

Maybe maybe I could.  Maybe I can.  But Abraham had the promise.  And its reiterations.  And visits from angels.

With quivering voice and unsure footsteps, Lord, I approach you throne and humbly ask for a sign.  For something certain to hang on to.  And in the meantime I will cling to the Someone Certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment