Wednesday 19 February 2014

Dang it - again?!

Either I say nothing at all or I come away knowing she's offended again.  I've erred on the side of saying nothing for a few weeks.  Now apparently I've opened my mouth too far.  Again.  Without intending to.  Without hardly saying anything.  Where do I even go from here?

"I'm sorry for asking your son to not rile my kids up."  But I'm not, really.
"I'm sorry for how I said it."  But I actually thought I was getting my point across gently.
"I'm sorry for insinuating that your son is loud."  But you admit this is the case.
"I'm sorry for insinuating that the foyer of a book launch/film debut is not the place to yell."  But I think that would be a generally accepted truth.
"I'm sorry for suggesting that your son might be a bad influence on mine."  I can see that would be hard to swallow, as I don't like seeing that in my kids.
"I'm sorry that you don't like me."  Ouch.

None of them seems really fitting.  Basically, I'm sorry that we can't have a decent relationship.

And I'm frustrated that I can do you no right.

No comments:

Post a Comment