Thursday 11 December 2014

Don't look, Lord, this is too gross and messy and embarrassing.
I don't want You to know that's what I'm like.
But I extend grace.
But not for this, Jesus.  Not this time.  It's too much.  It's too awful.
But that is what grace is for.
But I'm not even asking for it.  I don't want to put words
to what I've done, to who I am.
But my grace surpasses.
But it's going to happen again, the same mistakes over and over.
I am so sorry.
But I give greater grace.
Greater?
Greater than you could earn.
Greater than you could repay.
Greater than you deserve.
Greater than your struggles.
Greater than your pain.
Greater than you could comprehend.
Surpassing, increasing, abounding, overflowing.
But I give greater grace.

My deep, dark corners where I keep the things that no one should see are not too deep and not too dark for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment