Wednesday 10 December 2014

Luke 1:34

In the waiting, there are so many questions.  I can list off the reasons why I know this is my calling.  But the list of how's is even longer.  How will Bernie and I ever be of one mind?  How do I wait?  How long will I have to wait?  How will I know when it is time?  How will it start?  How should I approach it?  How can I prepare?  How will we afford it?  How do I stay passionate for the long haul?  How do I overcome the doubts?  How do I cling to a vision that is not concrete?

Mary's words echo through my mind as I wait and wonder, "But how will this be?"

God of all passions, gifts, and dreams
God of my specific calling
Misunderstood God
God of Mystery
I don't want to question or doubt or undermine You
Lord I believe, help me overcome my unbelief

No comments:

Post a Comment