Tuesday 2 December 2014

Deepest Longing

It's happening.  My deepest longing is becoming Him.  These months of practicing adoration have initiated a shift.  No longer am I deciding to proclaim verses over and over, knowing in my head that they are true.  Subtly, their truth is taking root and sprout the beginning of something beautiful and personal and meaningful.  Relationship.  Desire.  Moments of peace sneak in and I want to be with Him.  Moments of chaos pummel me and I glance up and cling to Him.  Moments of wonder or joy or fear or pain are all breeding the reflex of gripping His hand tighter.

It feels like I'm just emerging into this new life.  Just being born of God.  Which, might be a bit ridiculous, or might be a entirely incredible.  But I will take it for all it's worth, knowing that it is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment