Thursday 4 December 2014

Not Doing Anything

I know you said you're 'not doing anything', but when I look at you that is not what I see.  Maybe you didn't imagine yourself here, but I see you stepping up to the challenge.  Maybe days feel repetitive and boring, but I see you choosing to smile and engage with your son.  Maybe you feel impatient, but I see you gently redirecting his energy.  Maybe you feel lonely, but I see you taking courageous steps to connect.  Maybe you are scared, but I see your overflowing gratitude that he is healthy.  Maybe you cry at times, but I hear the joy in your voice as you describe his accomplishments.  Maybe you are uncertain of the future, but I see that you are sure of your love for him.

Your son is blessed to have a mama who is deliberately growing as she raises him.  You may not feel like you are doing anything, but you are being his everything and that is exactly what he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment