Monday 22 December 2014

Juxtaposition

You pull me in and the words in my ear make me fall for You all over again.  Your voice booms as it whispers and I hear You utter entwined messages as only the Divine can.

Deep and inexplicably selfless love rejoices over me in glorious melodies that flow from Your lips as you convince me of my worth in Your eyes.  This is the message I have known since childhood, but its words now take root in my heart and take shape in my life in ways altogether new and mesmerizing.  

Alongside the majestic singing are the murmurs that speak to my freshest wounds.  As You reveal Your love and Your self to me, my failings of word and thought and deed become painful for me to look at.  The closer I get to You, the more I see just how broken I am, how sinful and unworthy.  So You softly breathe the assurance that You forgive.  You see, You know, and You cover with Your Son.  

You belt out Your greater-than-I-can-grasp love for me
while you whisper Your greater-than-I-can-imagine grace for me
Here I walk in this juxtaposition, both worthy and unworthy
and I will repeat it to myself until I know and rely 
with every fiber of my being
and every step of my day
greater
greater
greater

No comments:

Post a Comment