Wednesday 31 December 2014

Reveal (Luke 2:35)

So much is hidden.  One piece because I am embarrassed to admit to it and what it says about me.  Another because I am scared of its power in my life - both for good and for evil.  A third because it hasn't been dwelt on lately and I've just plain forgotten about it.  And yet another because it and its potential have not even been discovered yet.

Whatever the reasons, so much of my heart is hidden from you.  You, the stranger I've just met, the casual acquaintance, the family I've known my whole life, the close friend, and even you, my husband.

God who reveals hearts, be gentle with me.  Reveal to me the smallest bits of the ugly hindrances inside of myself, in a way that I can grieve, repent, and overcome them by Your power.  Reveal to me the smallest bit of the beautiful potential inside of myself, in a way that I can embrace, imagine, and engage with it by Your power.

And I know I'm not the only one.  Each person I meet and know and love has so much hidden as well.  So, as it is helpful to those I love and to me as I love them, reveal their hearts to me as well.  Bit by bit, so that I can empathize and love them for all they are.  So that I can empower them to live up to their potential in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment