Tuesday 30 December 2014

Ice Crystals

Ice crystals cover the windshield, cracks patterning their way across like an intricate burst of glory.  Sunlight simultaneously glares with blinding force and lights up this frozen artwork with its majesty.  The temperature dips ridiculously low and I am forced to let the vehicle run to warm up, pull out my warmest mittens, and shiver inside my jacket.  Defeatedly, I adopt the raised shoulders and clenched elbows posture of the season and fill my mind with dread that this signifies the beginning of the longterm deepfreeze.  Without these things, the intricate glory could never be.

May each circumstance of my week be an invitation to conversation with You.  May the coldest moments of each day be my cue to run to Your warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment