Thursday 18 December 2014

For All (Luke 2:10)

For the hurtful one who deserted me, letting our friendship slide like it didn't mean to him what it did to me.
For the draining one who is needy and self-centered and takes so much more than he gives.
For the uncomfortable one who is socially awkward and unaware and leaves me shaking my head.
For the defensive one is over-sensitive and difficult to talk to and makes me wonder where I went wrong.

For the unattainable one whose house is spotless and seasonly decorated and magazine-perfect.
For the intimidating one whose children are well-dressed and well-behaved and well-rounded.
For the gifted one who succeeds at whatever he does and excels wherever he tries.
For the gentle one who can navigate conversations and relationships with ease and grace.
For the self-controlled one who doesn't yell or lose her temper and whose demeanor exudes patience.

For all the people that raise my blood pressure and lower my hopes for mankind.  For all the people who inspire and intimidate me with their got-it-together-ness.  The good news that is cause for great joy is for all the people.  The saving grace of Jesus is for all people.  The intimacy I crave and enjoy with God is for all the people.  The love, joy, peace, strength, and wisdom I rely on daily is for all the people.

None of us is more worthy than the others.  None of us is less worthy than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment