Friday 17 January 2014

To the Fullest

At the lunch table, Niko noticed that Emerson had a huge chunk of jam-covered bread stuck to the bottom of his nose.  He pointed it out to me, began giggling, and then burst into uproariously laughter.  Emerson looked at Niko, touched his own nose, paused for a second, and joined him in third degree guffawing.

And I thought to myself, I wish I could take myself less seriously.  I'm thankful that my life is full of these little people.  Little people who lose themselves completely in the moment.  Emerson is so good at doing everything with all of his being.  He always has been.  He is not shy or self-conscious - unless it is part of a goofy act to get some laughs.  He's passionate.  Focused.  Reckless.  He throws himself all in to every moment.  

While I thrive and even pride myself on multi-tasking, I also envy the ability to dive headlong into one thing, one moment, and live it and only it to the fullest.  

Emerson makes me think of John 10:10.
I came that you might have life - life in all its fullness.
Seems like that might be a good life verse for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment