Friday 10 January 2014

Sucker for Punishment

Every muscle in my body is sore.  Getting up hurts.  I can't lower myself into sitting position, so I just collapse backwards onto the chair.  Stairs are killer.  My poor quads.  And hamstrings.  And gluts.  Thank you Jillian Michaels.  Of course, it's my own fault for not doing a thing for three months.

I'm on day 3 of "Ripped in 30".  I hope to be able to do 30 days of workouts in about 35 days.  And I hope to look different around the middle by that time.  That part is only partially in my control.

The part I know will happen, because it's already happening, is that I will feel better.  I feel better about my body, my attitude, my parenting, my relationships, my faith, all of me.  People who don't exercise are not just missing out on better health and fitness, they are missing out on a better outlook on life.

People are always surprised that I hate biking, in light of what my dad does.  I sometimes feel like I'm the only one of my dad's kids that doesn't gravitate toward long-distance, extreme, bigger-and-better, faster-and-stronger sports endeavours.  But I think I did inherit some of his discipline.  When I decide to do something, I follow through.  And I thank my dad for that.

So it really really hurts (think "Charlie bit me"), but it feels really really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment