Monday 13 January 2014

Psalm 8 with Significant Poetic Licence Taken

Psalm 8, because Lachlan will be 8 months old tomorrow.

O Lord, our Lord, 
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.  
From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise, 
to silence the grumpy and prod the lazy.
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, 
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 
what am I 
that you are mindful of me?
Yet 
you have crowned me with blessing after blessing.  
You made me the mother of three;
three of the precious works of your hands.
I will praise your name in all the earth.
Thank you that they are each a unique creation of yours, 
fearfully and wonderfully made.  
I praise you 
for how Lachlan is growing and learning, 
almost sneakily, 
as we wake up to find he can do more things each day.  
As he reaches milestones like getting teeth, eating solids, sitting, 
interacting, rolling every which way, standing, and trying to crawl, 
do not ever let me forget 
that my role to teach him about you 
is so much more important than teaching him physical things.
I need grace for the moment 
and greater grace every hour, 
as a try to parent as you would have me parent.  
O Lord, 
our Lord, 
how majestic is 
your name in all the earth!



No comments:

Post a Comment