Thursday 16 January 2014

Enjoy Winter?

Along with most of Winnipeg, I find myself very much looking forward to summer.  I can't wait to leave the house in under 25 minutes.  To walk somewhere.  To rollerblade somewhere.  To play in the yard.  To head to the park.  To enjoy splash pads and wading pools.  To buy a play structure.

But winter is here is long.  And it's probably not healthy to be dreaming of sunshine and flip-flops already.  I want to be thankful for this season too, and not just grumpily wait for the next.

Lord help me focus on the awesome gift of the toboggan slide that Dad made.  We've already put in some good hours there and I love that we can invite families to come with us as it is such preschooler-friendly tobogganing.

Lord reignite my excitement to teach Niko to skate - something I love so much.  Skating and hockey were a memorable part of my childhood, and I'd love for him to appreciate the ice too.

Lord spark my imagination as I find new games and activities to engage Emerson and Niko here at home.  Help me move from forts and tape-roads to more new and fun things to do.  I need to be open to ideas, even if they take a bit of work or make a bit of mess.

Lord give me a good attitude about getting out of the house and paying for activities.  I know the kids would love SkyZone, Kid City, Great Big Adventure, and the Children's Museum.  I just need the energy and courage to get out regularly and try these things.

I suspect a good attitude toward winter would go a long way.  Which is good, because there is still a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment