Monday 18 August 2014

These Have been Percolating

All from Sara Hagerty's blog, Every Bitter Thing is Sweet:

- Adoration takes me out of my thoughts and into His.

- Everyone has at least one, and most a half dozen or more: Life-reasons, my reasons to believe that God is not good.  To believe that God is not who He says He is.  They are a hidden handicap.  We carry them around negligently, as if we can live life fully alive and still have them...Without God's encounter they are toxic for our hearts...My calling, my family, my friendships, my view of Jesus are all subject to how I see Him in light of my "not yet".

- Adoration is breathing deeply of who He is and exhaling purity.  It's training my mind and heart to look up.

- Adoration wars against a life lived in response to our wounds.

- No asks, no pleas, just simply telling God how great He is.  And then asking Him to remind you how that greatness in print in front of you has already taken shape in your life before you.

- When you can't get out of a deep, dark hole, you make a garden there.  Any way to find beauty.

- Turning my mind from my own depravity to His glory.

- Beholding.  I'm learning to behold something other than myself, craving the One I've been beholding, because how could I not?  Enough glances towards this Man and words overflowing from those looks and I'm starting to believe He is who He says He is.  In my daily, for my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment