Monday 8 September 2014

Love that Surpasses Knowledge

To know this love that surpasses knowledge is overwhelmingly beautiful.  The God who has the capacity to love so extravagantly that he sacrificed his own son for humanity chooses also to love just me.  In my smallness and ordinariness, He loves me fiercely and inexplicably.

The way Emerson cannot possibly fathom how my heart skips a beat when I turn my head and can't see him and races with every passing minute that I search for him.  So His love surpasses my knowledge.  But more.

The way Niko cannot fully grasp how my hear swells with pride and glows with honour when I overhear him tangibly live out any one kind, loving, generous, gentle ideals I have been teaching and modelling for years.  So His love surpasses my knowledge.  And even more.

The way Lachlan cannot picture the depth of emotion my heart experiences when a moment of delight becomes a shared look of admiration, which turns into a smile, which gives way to a clumsy hug and sloppy kiss.  So His love surpasses my knowledge.  Yet more and more.

Extreme
Excessive
Lavish
Extravagant
Unfathomably huge
Inexplicably colossal
Deep and wide

Words cannot describe what my mind cannot know.

Yet this love is the love I know.
To know this love is a privilege and honour.
To know this love means everything and changes everything.
To know this love is intimate.
To know this love is experiential.
To know this love that surpasses knowledge
surpasses knowing anything
or anyone or anywhere else
This Love Surpasses

No comments:

Post a Comment