Monday 22 September 2014

Joy in ME

The giddy kind of joy.  The one you cannot contain.  It giggles and grins and jumps up and down.  You can see it coming as it does a little jig and gives spontaneous bear hugs along the way.  It doesn't care what it looks like as it shrieks excitedly and bursts into song.  It is all-consuming and contagious.  I see it in my kids on a daily basis - with the pride of accomplishment or the delight in a seemingly small treasure.  To picture that joy on God?  To picture that delight because of me?  Not because of what I have done today, not because of my successes, not because I have it all together.  Just because I am me.  He takes great delight in me.  In who I am.  He rejoices over me with singing.  On that day when I sit on the couch and hide my tummy from even myself,  when I regret yelling at my child, when I know I could have accomplished so much more, when I hate that I ate too much, when I feel lazy and ugly and unlovable.  No matter what I have done or not done, He delights and rejoices in me like a giddy 4-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment