Wednesday 1 January 2014

Gifts

This vacation has been so wonderful.  We've been struggling so much with Niko lately, that it's been great to have this time to enjoy him.  Of course we didn't leave all the behavior issues at home, but we've also seen so much awesome in him!

One thing that has been quite amazing is how many times Emerson and Niko have turned to us and thanked us for something about the trip.  Unprompted and heartfelt thank-you's.  They have really enjoyed themselves.  We've heard "I don't ever never want to leave this place" a lot in the past few days.  Watching them take in each new surrounding and just light up has refreshed my heart.

The boys' goofiness has also made us laugh a lot.  My favourite lines of the trip:
Niko - "Excuse me Mom, when can we goof off?"
Emerson to the border guard - "We're going to Minneapowis....<pause>...He's not yistening to me."

It's also been increasingly obvious that we are so blessed by Lachlan.  He's so peaceful and happy to just be along for the ride.  He sleeps on command, eats whatever we put in front of him, endures fairly well in his carseat, and tolerates so many love-tackles in from his brothers.  What a great third kid!  I feel like he couldn't fit into our family life better.

And Bernie.  The more time I spend with him, the more I am reminded of what great friends we are.  I just love hanging out with him.  Holding hands and walking through the mall.  Discovering our kids as they discover together.  Watching "Lost" in the hotel hallway.  Driving miles and miles of highway.  He is my match in so many ways.

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift.  2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment