Saturday 4 October 2014

Turner Of Hearts

It's not on me to put in the requisite minutes of meaningful daily devotion time.  Or to ensure that I pray often and deeply enough.  Or to see the beauty of God in every moment and person.  Or to love everyone I come in contact with.  Or to practice the presence of God at all times.

Those are all really good and wonderful things.  But it's not up to me because God, You are the Turner of hearts.  There are times when I will be on top of it and be doing everything "right".  And there are times I will be floundering.  Most days I am somewhere in between, but my relationship with You is not just another ball I have to juggle.  Not just a category of my life I can give a grade on any given day.  Because it's not on me.

Thank You, Jesus, for being the One to turn my heart back to You in the big and memorable moments.  And thank You for being the One to turn my heart back to You in the little whispers and gentle nudges.  Thank You for bringing me back little by little and pulling me closer bit by bit in a faithful moment by moment way.   Thank You that it's not up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment