Wednesday 29 October 2014

All of Me

The phrases in my head and the sparks in my heart are all saying the same thing.  Abandon everything to Jesus.  Let Him reign in your life.  Give it all to Him.  Trust completely.  Withhold nothing.  Don't be lukewarm.  Hand over control.  Follow wholeheartedly.  Be all in.

Every which way I look, every book I read, and every song I sing keeps coming back to the drastic.  Die to myself and live only for Him.  The corners of my soul have their concerns, but I can feel the centre growing.  I can feel embers being stirred and the flames beginning to lick at the edges of revival.  

My logical self wants to know what it will look like.  What specific arenas of my life am I withholding?  What would it look like to give Him control in those places?  Really, concretely, what would need to change?

But the part of me that just loves Jesus for who He is, that part just wants to grow the love.  It doesn't want to worry about the consequences or the difficult things it may be asked to do.  It doesn't care about the details and it not fixated on the steps of growing or glorifying.  It just enjoys the moments, the whispers, the intimacy and wants to let the trickles of His glory turn to a deluge.  Just by loving, by listening, by breathing His goodness in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment