Wednesday 22 October 2014

God of Deep Compassion

The things that make my heart beat faster with compassion are from you.  They make me feel that awful thing in my gut and at the same time get my excited to do something.  To help, to fix, to get involved.  They touch me deeply and my passion bubbles up from a sacred place within me.  That's what it feels like to be in the middle of God's will for me.

When S answered the question of what motivates her, it was so obviously of God.  I had never thought of truth as a motivator because it's not one that affects me that way, but she had barely started speaking and her voice got more firm, her words flowed more quickly, and she became more animated.  Authority rose up in her and it was easy to see her in the middle of God's will for her.

Adding that concept to my mental picture of Jesus, makes me see beyond the words of John 11:33 and into Jesus' heart.  "When Jesus saw her weeping...he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled."  I have a God of compassion, who feels to His very core.  His responses are not the calculated actions of someone uninvolved in the situation.  Rather he sees me, His child, and his heart is moved.  His breath quickens, his stomach tightens, his pulse races, his fists clench.  He feels with me and for me as I journey.  I have a God of deep compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment