Monday 12 January 2015

Redeem (Psalm 130:7)

Once upon a time, You thought up me. With exactly these birthmarks, this curly hair, this (lack of) height, and this shape. With this sense of humour, this compassion, this organization, and this joyfulness. I don't know how You thought me up. Was it in one brainwave of inspiration in the middle of the night? Or bit by careful bit that You crafted me exactly so? But there I was in the back of Your mind, completely and entirely the way that You intended.
Until the moment I left You and entered here and now. You let go of what was all Yours and let it explore the world of choice and temptation and distraction. And here I am, still who You made, but subject to my weaknesses of pride, judgement, gossip, and grudges.
And here You are, with abundant redemption. Here you are, waiting for the moments I turn to You. All You need is that one glance from me and a little drop of redemption hits the counter by my side. Splat. I get a little wet and you redeem that moment. You are not pushy, but you reclaim every thought, recover every action, and repossess every word I am willing to give back to You, its Rightful Owner.
I want to know what it's like to be all Yours, Lord, like I was meant to be. Redeem my moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment