Tuesday 10 February 2015

Trophy Case (Psalm 147:10-11)

I don't want to brag, per se, and yet I'd like it if you noticed the things I'm good at.  See, I fake confidence well but it doesn't always come from below the surface.  So as much as I don't want to have to nonchalantly walk you past my trophy case, it would be nice if you said something nice.  That shiny one in the corner is for Stellar Friendship.   I'm pretty selfless, actually, and persistent in pursuit of people and relationships.  Maybe compliment me on how together my parenting is, I have a few medals hanging towards the left there: Rarely Yells and Fosters Growth.  An off-handed remark about how well I manage to stay on top of so many people and things wouldn't hurt (the inscription calls it Amazing Multitasker).  You might take note of my blue ribbons in Listening, Caring, Reaching Out, or Connecting. Did I mention that I came in just shy of first in the Empathy Olympics?  Oh, and the video looping over there is of my church accomplishments - I'm pretty awesome at our worship nights.

You must be pretty impressed, amirite?

Except that you aren't.  You aren't excited by what I can do and accomplish.  My strengths and successes are not what draw You to me, O Lord.  You just delight in me, straight up; in me who trusts in your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment