Wednesday 4 February 2015

Exalt Devo 2

God pulls me in and the words in my ear make me fall for Him all over again.  His voice booms as it whispers and I hear Him utter entwined messages of worth, healing, and confidence as only the Divine can.

Deep and inexplicably selfless love rejoices over me in glorious melodies that flow from His lips as He convinces me of my significance in His eyes.  This is the message I have known since childhood, but its words now take root in my heart and take shape in my life in ways altogether new and mesmerizing.

For alongside the majestic singing of my God are the emboldened murmurs of my own heart as it begins to bubble.  And what else could it do but respond?  That is exactly what it should do.  We love because He first loved us.  I love because He first loved me.

What is stirring in your heart?  If He loves you, and He does, what happens next?  Perhaps you want to take more opportunities to stop and bask in that love.  Perhaps you want to practice living in the awareness of that love throughout your day.  Perhaps you want to tell Him that you love Him too.  Perhaps His love has awakened the desire to rekindle your relationship.  Perhaps His love makes you want to do something tangible for a neighbour or a friend.  Perhaps His love is calling you to step up, open up, give up, make up, sign up, speak up, or listen up.

During this time of prayer, respond to God's love in some way.  It might be in an attitude of the heart, and that is great.  But if you have felt a concrete stirring in response to God's love at work in you tonight, pay attention to what He is saying to you.  Pray about it now and while you are talking to Him about it, pull out your phone and write down your response to His love.  Make a reminder to yourself and don't let yourself off the hook.  This isn't just another to-do, this is a response to God's love for you.  Let's pray.

...

Each of us has a unique relationship with You, Lord.  As we encounter your unfailing love for us, we will each respond in our own way.  Give us the ears to hear and the eyes to see Your greater-than-we-can-grasp love for us.  Give us the courage to respond to it wholeheartedly, faithfully, and recklessly.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment