Tuesday 17 February 2015

Heartcrack

A little fissure turns into a deep crack that drips out the mess you haven't quite labelled yet.  The drops of confession pool and the heartleak gets faster as words get put to the whelming undercurrent.  There is beauty in the puddle of vulnerability.  The pain I see so closely reflects mine and it is easy to know, and yet I didn't.  As I see the ashes your entrust me with, I sigh with understanding and turn my eyes to Him who knows the beauty that is coming.  Can you give up the guilt, honey?  Can you give up your picture of what should be and your fear of what might become?  Can you let that crack be where He whisper-pours into a deeper part of you?  For where you are weak, He responds with mercy.  And where you are weak, He is strong.  He will trade you those filthy rags of despair for a brand-new uniform of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment