Monday 3 November 2014

Seen

God, who is unseen, You see what is done in secret.  (Matthew 6:6)  Right now, I don't even need to know that you reward these hidden things.  Just clinging to the hope that they are seen is more than enough for me as I wrestle.  There is so much and it is so heavy.  My processing has slowed down because my heart is bogged down.  It is loaded with a hefty heap of burdens-of-others lumped together with a substantial helping of discovery-of-me as I recognize in myself empathy and gut-wrenching compassion for those whom I love and whose lives I touch.  I recognize that You are giving me greater and greater grace by which to see the people around me, though I never would have thought that grace would bring such a weightiness.  As so much is quietly going on inside me and in the fragmented whispers of my ongoing conversation with you, I thank You, Lord, that you have eyes to see what no one else does.  I, every bit of me, am seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment