Tuesday 25 March 2014

She

Be kind, for everyone you know is fighting a battle you know nothing about.  -Wendy Mass

She looks together.  Coffee mug in one hand, well-stocked diaper bag in the other.  Both kids dressed and happy.  She deals with a tense moment gracefully, redirecting and diffusing.  She is beautiful, even on little sleep.  She smiles and offers such a genuine smile.  She is encouraging and positive.  She is my friend and I am sad that she is struggling.  She shouldn't have to drive away and cry alone.  It shouldn't be this hard.  We didn't sign up for this.  I don't even know what she needs.  But I just wish it wasn't this hard.  I wish she didn't hide it so well.  I wish I knew what to do.  I wish there was more I could do.  I wish everyone around her would treat her extra gently.  If only they knew the battles she was fighting underneath it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment