Wednesday 2 September 2015

Unraveling as We Go (John 14:3, 16:12, 17:20)

The finite years of Jesus life wrap up neatly in my children's Bible.  Birth, life, miracles, death, resurrection, done.  But His words take on a pulsing echo in my heart and in my day as the story suddenly stretches like bubblegum into this century.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I have yet many things to say unto you.

Neither pray I for my disciples alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.

The loose ends I thought were were tied up when I turned the last page are unraveling in the best of ways.  They sound like they are spinning and swirling in the wind, taking on a life outside of themselves as He fills and infuses new parts of new hearts with new truths.

The best part of it not being over is that the story continues in me.  Oh, Papa, you are alive and dynamic and I don't want to miss a page in this beautiful story.

No comments:

Post a Comment