Friday 28 August 2015

Pursuit (John 14:18, 15:9, 15:15-16, 15:19)

It pounds its two syllables in time with my heart.  Great-er...Great-er...Great-er.  He loves me with the unconditional, extravagant, heart-wrenching love of a Father.  Greater than I can know or understand or, least of all, earn.  He calls me His friend and the honour and privilege of being valued in that symbiotic relationship is not lost on me.  He chooses me out of the world and for His purposes.  This love that is greater than I have ever known, this love changes me.  He pursues me and I become giddy.  My value more valuable, my worth more worthy, my heart more happy.  Not only is He greater in my eyes, but so am I.  His whispers of delight become proclamations I cannot ignore.  I will come to you, He says.  I love you.  I offer you friendship.  I choose you.

He is wooing me with His pursuit.  And I am worth it to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment