Thursday 3 September 2015

Truth (John 18:37)

My side of the story is filled with hurt and anger.  Come to think of it, so is hers.  But despite the similarities, our sides are decidedly incompatible, tensions rising when we guardedly pass each other by.  Honesty might get us closer, but honesty still relies on our perceptions.

The story of next-door is still messier, with more sides than there are people involved.  In the difficulty of telling who is right, my heart breaks for each again.  So much is at stake with no clear right path through the pain.

This is why I came into the world, Jesus says, for the cause of truth.  And my first reaction is to say with Pilate, What truth?

But it's been too many days of adoring this One my Heart Loves.  Too many hours invested in speaking, singing, whispering, humming praises back to Him.  The One I say I Love challenges me over and over as I read words I have read before, hearing words I have never heard before.

So what of this truth?  Papa, I am listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment