Wednesday 26 August 2015

Devotions done, prayer items listed, boxes checked.  Or not.  "Pray without ceasing," He says, and I wonder.
What if I thanked Him - out loud - in the moment I saw the rays catch the morning dew on the grass I hurry past, keys jangling?
What if I courageously prayed that big prayer, trusting His bold promises in my messy life that seems incongruent with His truth?

Effortlessly, my mind separates the spheres of my day.  I leave my time-with-God circle, stepping into work or family or me.  But "I draw you unto Myself," He says, and I wonder. 
What if I left my open Bible right there beside my computer, kitchen sink, or couch spot and thanked Him for today's truth over and over all day?
What it I looked to Him from every new and old place of weakness and believed Him to be my strength?

Quietly and privately, I go about my faith, knowing He desires a close, personal relationship with me.  Which He does, and yet "where two are three are gathered in My name," He says, "there I am in the midst of them" and I wonder.
What if I let someone see into this dark corner, let them pray with me from my place of weakness, doubt, and sin?
What if I courageously went beyond the easy phrase "I'll be praying for you" to take a hand and pray right there together?

No comments:

Post a Comment