Wednesday 15 April 2015

Sweet Words (Psalm 119:103)

Had the ringing phone made my heart beat faster in anger or had looking at the caller ID made my mood plummet, I might have been ready for what was coming.  But it didn't and I wasn't.  Her words were accusatory and cutting.  Their affect entirely out of place and out of the blue.  My guard went up as quickly as my self-confidence went down.  The giver of deflating words left a wake of simmering anger, discarded hope, and stolen assurance.

But how sweet are Your words.  How gentle and tender and loving and pure and sweet.  Your words speak life to my soul and joy to my heart.  Revive me again.  Bring me up again from the place the world has carelessly tossed me.  Fill my mind with the songs of rejoicing You sing over me.  That I may delight in You, remain in You, behold You, know You, adore You.  And find me in You, Giver of Sweet Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment