Thursday 9 April 2015

Low (Psalm 116:6)

To Him who Saves me when I am Low,
I need You, oh I need You.  So many times I put on my blinders and put up my guard.  Within these walls I determine moods and spirits.  So many times I create good out of mediocre.  Silly out of frustrating.  Even growth out of difficulty.  But when the walls don't hold.  When the problems of those more stubborn, more lost, more entrenched seep in.  When the tumultuous relationships with those less joyful, less malleable, less likeable saturate my soul.  In those whens, my shoulders drop and my heart sags lows beneath the weight.  Anger and frustration shoot up like weeds in the fertile soil of gossip and self-righteousness.  I am burdened and I am low.
I need You, oh I need You.  God who saves me when I am low.  God who lifts me up.  God who has upheld me from birth.
Here I am, claiming Your praise from down low.

No comments:

Post a Comment