Wednesday 4 November 2015

Your Song (Psalm 42:8)

I heard it in the heaviness of the fog that sat above me, eyes unable to see You but soul clinging to hope for new chances, fresh starts, and forgiveness from the one who bears larger than his fair share of my wrath.

I heard it in the three-part harmony of giggles and melody, gleefully singing back songs of Your goodness, my soul rejoicing in their praise even as it recognizes Your heart for them is bigger even than my own.

I heard it in spritz of juice and festive scent of mandarins filling the room and settling gently above the chatter of women who trust, who share, who grow, who uphold.

I heard it as the orchestra accompanied my expanding view of the room where we all live together.  Smoothly layering its chaos and order, glory and grace into a masterpiece of family that is as riveting and revolutionary as it is real and regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment