Monday 30 November 2015

Through Hurt

Through this journey of you and I hurting each other (if I may borrow your words), I have learned that my sins are much greater than I ever knew or imagined.  I have learned that I am far more hurtful than I would like to believe.  I have learned that my brokenness is even uglier than I pictured.  I have learned that even my strengths are oh-so-weak.  I have also learned that God's grace is boundless, His love is limitless, and my need for that grace and love places me right at the centre of it over and over again.  I have learned about forgiveness and the complexity of relationships.  I am learning to shift my focus and lift my eyes above me and above you.

I pray that we will both find the source of our worth in the One who made us and not in anyone else - be it for good or for bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment