Monday 2 March 2015

Beautify (Psalm 149:4)

You know who He doesn't beautify?  He doesn't beautify those who bite their tongues or silently seethe.  He doesn't beautify those who pay lip service to a trajectory their heart is not on.  He doesn't beautify those who are on guard and on edge.  He doesn't beautify those who are biding humble time so that their righteous anger is warranted.  He doesn't beautify the smug, self-centred, pious, hypocritical, superior, or sanctimonious.

You are the God who beautifies me in those precious moments when I am at the centre of the explosive torrent of Your love.  In its overwhelming I-cannot-breathe-it's-just-so-much way of making me see my place as the most upside-down Greater-Humble, beauty finds me, reminds me, and defines me.

No comments:

Post a Comment