Tuesday 2 June 2015

Voice (Psalm 95:7)

My first reaction to the words speaks to the condition of my fragile heart.  Today, if you will hear His voice.  Oh Lord, You are right.  So often I forget to listen and I miss Your whispers, Your truths, Your delight, Your glory.  I am sorry.  I want to hear, I really want to hear.  Today I will try, Lord.  I hope.  But it's so hard, when everything around me speaks so loudly.  It's so hard to tune in to Your voice.  I am sorry that I disappoint You.  And so sorry for what I miss out on.

I say the words back to Him, adoring Him for who He is.  Thank you for being the God who lets me choose to hear His voice.  Wait a minute.  If I climb up out of the guilt, there might be more to this.  You are the God who makes hearing His voice an option for me.  You created me, I am one of Your projects.  You who are great.  Whose hands hold the depths of the earth.  Whose strength is higher than the hills.  Whose magnitude surpasses the seas.  Whose hands moulded dry land.

You are the God who makes hearing His voice an option for me.  You, in all Your greatness, have formed me.  And invited me into relationship.  Shaped my heart and breathed life, life that is separate from Your greatness, yet with the capacity to hear the voice of its Maker.

Thank you for being that God.  My God who made me able to hear His voice.  Made hearing Your voice an option for me.

I will say Your truths back to You.  Sing them until they change my heart of flesh.  Hide them in my heart until those words, that voice are my first instinct to hear.  How could I long to hear anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment